Monday, July 9, 2012

What's Cookin' Good Lookin' v.2

When I had originally started this series back in April, I had planned to update maybe once every two weeks. Preparing for the end of school, planning for trips and weddings, and getting ready for a Youth Writing Camp I was running just didn't leave time for that. Poor Dustin had lemon chicken and corn, sandwiches, and pasta for about a month. I also somehow always forget to take pictures of when I actually do cook.

Here we have it though!

 First, let me apologize for this picture. I obviously forgot to take one until I was about halfway through my meal.
My brother's girlfriend Alexa gave me this recipe. She makes these Slow Cookery Ribs for my brother all the time and I knew Dustin would just love them. Rating my meals is a little joke that Dustin and I have had since our honeymoon. These ribs were my very first 10! She got the recipe from Sandra Lee on the Food Network. They are so delicious and extremely juicy. The recipe was super easy too!

Ingredients

  • 4 pounds baby back ribs, cut in 1/2
  • 1 tablespoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
  • 1 cup Catalina dressing
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions

Preheat broiler. Line bottom portion of broiler pan with foil for easy clean up. Spray top rack lightly with cooking spray.
Season ribs with garlic salt and pepper. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes, turn and broil for an additional 5 to 6 minutes. Place browned ribs in slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Pour sauce mixture over ribs. Move ribs around to make sure they are all coated. Cover and cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
With tongs, remove ribs from slow cooker and let cool slightly before cutting into individual rib pieces. Skim grease from sauce. Serve ribs with sauce on the side.



I may have just decided that I am just awful and taking food pictures. 

We eat Salmon about once a week at my house. I love seafood and it is pretty much the only kind that Dustin will eat. I found this recipe on Pinterest and of course have no idea where it came from. 

It was super easy. Cut a lemon and place it on the foil. Put the salmon on top. Add Sea Salt and butter. Cook at 300 degrees until it is cooked completely through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment