Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'

When Dustin and I first got married I was so excited to cook for him. I am by no means a great cook. I don't even know if I could say I was a good cook. I can follow a recipe though. I try to make things as new and different as I can so that we don't eat the same thing over and over. Pinterest has been a life saver!

My first week of official "housewife duties" I would post pictures on Facebook of the different meals I was cooking. I got a ton of feedback. Even when we see friends and family today they will make a comment of how much they loved my pictures. So I figured why not keep it going here on the blog? I can't promise how often it will be or how creative! We could all use a few new ideas for dinner though.


 I found this Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken  here. I was super excited because bacon and chicken are two of my favorite things. Also, anything that is done in a crock pot is the best. I put everything in the crock pot before I left, and Dustin turned it on when he left for work. The recipe calls for it to be cooked for 8 hours. It needs to be exactly 8 hours.We both ended up at work late and it cooked for 9. The edges were extremely dry, but the center was delicious. I used really thick bacon. I may try to find thinner pieces next time. The green beans were just cooked for a bit with some garlic. Super delicious. Dustin gave it an 8. 

These were originally going to start as Shredded Beef Tacos. When I looked in the pantry and I had grabbed Tostada Chips instead. They ended up being stale (of course); so by the end they turned out to be more like burritos with some tortillas I found. These were super delicious. Once again another crock pot recipe. These cooked for about 8 hours. They were delicious! We added lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese. The recipe calls for 2.5lbs and I somehow ended up with 4lbs. So this is what we ate for three nights. I toasted some bread and added BBQ sauce one night. It was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment