Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Dustin!

Today is my sweet husband's birthday! While I have probably told you all several times how much I love him, you get to hear it again on his birthday.

For those that don't know our story, Dustin and I technically had our first meeting my freshmen year and his sophomore year at Tech. He was a Sig Ep, and I was... well, I was about how groupie as you get. I went to everything. Parties, football games, softball games, happy hours, house parties. I was at it all. I even remember going to Dustin's house once because I was friend's with his roommate. I don't remember, however, ever talking to him.

Fast forward four years, I had just updated my Facebook status saying that I was back in Coppell at my parents' house. Dustin was living in Coppell at the time, and commented on my status that he didn't know anyone knew where it was. After happy hours, one crazy ex-girlfriend, a six month break up, several concerts, movies, and Texas Tech games we got married.

I don't know if I could be any luckier. He has been there for me so much over the past four years. He has been such an amazing man. He takes care of me and looks out for me. Most importantly, he puts up with my crazy antics and mood swings. He brings me out of my funk when I am stressed or depressed. Dustin could make me laugh for days.









I love you babe! Have a wonderful birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! And love how you threw in the six month breakup and crazy ex-girlfriend things. Relationships are never perfect but it is how you get through the hard times that really defines what kind of couple you can be!

    And yes, this is your cousin, Jordan! I started one of these things a while ago but am just now really getting into it. It's quite addicting to say the least.

    ReplyDelete