Friday, July 6, 2012

A Fabulous Bachelorette Party!

Last Saturday night I went to my friend Katie's Bachelorette Party. It was probably one of, if not the, best one I have ever been too. I had so much fun!  Katie's sisters, Emily and Sarah, did such a great job planning everything. I don't think there was anyone that didn't have a blast.

We started off the day meeting at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine. After causing a ton of noise in the tourist waiting spot, our guide Roger showed up to take us on the Wine Tours in Grapevine. I have lived in the Dallas area all my life and had no idea how many cute wine places there were so close to home. We started off at place called Homestead. If I have a choice, I am buying all my wine here from now on. It was excellent and so different tasting from what I'm used too. If you ever do one of these tours, make sure you stop here. They are also very generous in the amount and variety that they will serve you. We went to another place in the Grapevine downtown area that served us a delicious lunch. Our next stop was the Delaney Winery where we were given a tour and a slight history lesson before getting to actually taste any wine. The whole trip was so much fun! Katie and I already decided that we are taking the boys on a wine tasting date one day. Who else wants to join?

Once we got back to the hotel, we headed down to the pool and then to the Sports Bar. Christy, Katie, and I laughed at the fact we were at a Bachelorette Party and still somehow ended up watching the Rangers Game. Everyone got ready after dinner and we headed down to the suite Katie's sisters had gotten for a party. I don't know if I have ever laughed that hard. We headed out to Ghost Bar which is part of the Gaylord later on that night. I had never been there before and had so much fun. We danced the night away.

Can't wait for the wedding in three weeks!!

Homestead Winery 
 Katie and her sister Sarah
 Delaney Winery
 All the girls!
Megan and Katie
 The pretty wine glasses Emily and Sarah decorated for us
 All of Katie's presents
 The Bride to Be
 Christy with her decorative lips
 I had way to much fun with these!
 Erin and Tracy
Dana, Katie, and Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment