Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's Time!

Dustin and I got the chance to go to our first Rangers game of the season Monday night. I shared earlier this week how excited Dustin was about Opening Day. So when my friend Annie's parents couldn't use their tickets, we took the chance we could to see Yu Darvish pitch his first game.

Yu is the Japanese pitcher that the Rangers paid some BIG bucks to come play right here in Arlington, Texas. There was a ton of attention focused on him and a lot of high expectations. The Rangers were playing the Seattle Mariners who also have two players from Japan. So there were a ton of media that had come all the way from Japan. How awesome is that? Yu started out the first few innings a little rough, but I think he was just nervous. I have to say one of my favorite parts of the night was all the creative ways people were making signs, Facebook status, and tweets using "Yu."

This was my first time since Christmas to really use the new camera Dustin gave me. Well, at least the zoom, and let me tell ya, it works! I was super excited about how well it could zoom in on the players. Here are a few of my faves!

 Randy Rogers throwing the first pitch. This made me crave a Texas Country music, cowboy boots, and cute summer dresses.
 Yu Darvish 
 Josh Hamilton getting a hit!
 Rangers' dug out
Mitch Moreland 
 The man of the night, Yu Darvish
Ron Washington
Here's to a great season!

No comments:

Post a Comment