Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What Time is It? SUMMER TIME!



School is out for the summer! I am a happy girl over here. I had the most incredible kids this year. Many (MANY!)  were quite the handful. I have so many crazy teacher stories from this year that I will remember for the rest of my life. There were a ton of sweethearts that I will never forget. Every week, I had a group of girls that came to my room to do homework and have a dance party to cheesy boy band songs. It was truly amazing to become so close to so many kiddos. The last day of school was filled with a dance party in my room too!  I truly love my job.

It was a little bitter sweet though. Our team leader and math teacher decided he was retiring this year. He has been our "dad" and an incredible leader to us. He mentored me through a lot my first few years of teaching. He will surely be missed. 

What are your plans for the summer? This week off I have been busy helping interview new teachers for our empty positions and sitting in on 3 days of CHAMPS training which is a district wide discipline plan we are doing. In two weeks, Dustin and I are headed to Mexico with my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and friends. We are headed back to where we had our honeymoon and I cannot tell you how excited we are. The week we come back is a Youth Writing Camp I am helping run. July and August are going to be pure relaxation and planning for next year. My main priority lose weight!

Hope you have a super relaxing summer and don't get TOO hot!

Did you enjoy my High School Musical picture and title? I have this fun picture of about 50 kids doing the Wobble in my classroom, but I can't find my camera among the 1000s of things I brought home from school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment