Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Morgan!

We had a fabulous weekend! Friday we had a quiet night at home in preparation for what was to come on Saturday.

In my very first blog post I wrote about mine and Dustin's niece being born. Well, Saturday we went and celebrated her 1st birthday! I cannot believe she is already a year. It has been so much fun to watch Morgan grow, and I can't believe how quickly the time is going. She is learning to walk and can already take a few steps at a time. She is not a performer though. In front of us she would only take a few steps, but once we left that night she was pretty much making laps. She loves to make noises and give sweet kisses. She isn't quite sure what she thinks of her Aunt Taylor and Uncle Dustin yet. We don't see her very often, so it takes her a bit to warm up. We eventually came to if her and I had a sink/table between us or someone was holding her next to me she was my best friend. Any closer and it was game over! I did get 4 kisses without even asking though! I can't wait to see her again.

 Dustin and I headed over to Mendy and Brent's house early Saturday and spent some time with his parents and Morgan before everyone came over. The house looked so cute! My mother-in-law has such an eye for creativity! It makes me super jealous of her. She and Mendy did a great job at putting everything together. The theme was Minnie Mouse and everything was pink and black which are two of my favorite colors. Once everyone got over we had cake and opened presents. Morgan wasn't quite sure what to do with her smash cake.

Dustin's parents stayed with the baby and we headed out for a night on the town. We love to go out with Mendy and Brent, and especially love to go out in Fort Worth. We had a great time!

Bring on the pictures!
 The kitchen set up for the party

 Morgan's chair ans smash cake
 This cake was SO good!
 Birthday girl!
 Morgan and PawPaw
 Mendy, Morgan, and Brent
 Uncle Dustin, Morgan, and Aunt Taylor
 Nana and Morgan
 Cruisin' in her new wheels!
 Morgan sitting in her chair we got her with her new sock monkey
 Trying to figure out what to do with this cake
 Pink!

 These two pictures crack me up!!! Morgan hanging out with her new laptop in her new chair
Mendy and I out in Fort Worth

No comments:

Post a Comment