Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Matched Series

Gees, I feel like I should be not talking and off school more often! I am like a blogging machine lately.

Since I cannot talk, I am getting a ton of reading done. Once again, most of the books I read are aimed for middle school kiddos because most of the time I'm reading to put them in my library.

I just got done reading Matched and Crossed by Ally Condie. These is a series I have been wanting to start for a long time and they are absolutely awesome! I finished them so quickly and I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out. Only problem is I have NO IDEA when it is coming out. I didn't get a title, a little excerpt, a release date, or anything! I'm dying here Ally!

Technology, disease, and freedom of choice overtook the world. A new Society was made and they make all the choices. They decide what your job will be, how many calories you get to eat, where you will be every part of the day, your social status, when you get to get married, what age you have kids at, and who you get to marry. Cassia has always planned to follow Society's rules. She becomes the "It Girl" when at her Matched Banquet she gets paired up with her very best friend, Xander. Most girls have to move away and marry someone they have never met. She gets to marry her best friend and the person she has known for all of her life. Everything is perfect. Until Cassia gets home to look at the micro chip of Xander and another face comes up. Problem is, she knows this face. It is Ky, the boy from down the street. Instantly, Cassia doesn't know what to do. Society is perfect; it doesn't make mistakes. How can Xander be her Match, if Ky is too? With the help of Ky, her grandfather, and some poetry Cassia begins to see the cracks that are within the Society, and starts to question everything she has been brought up to believe.

I don't want to go too much into detail about Crossed. It will give away too much that happened at the end of Matched. I'll put it this way, that it has a ton of adventure. You get to see a new side of Cassia. This strong, survivor side that can only be brought out by the man she loves. Here we still see the same battle between who she should be with Ky or Xander. She thought she had finally made up her mind, but now there may be a secret that could cause her to choose the other boy.

These books were really great. If you enjoyed the Hunger Games you will enjoy these. It has the same sort of stand up for your rights, go against what you have been brought up to believe themes. It doesn't have all the violence and killing though. It still has the girl torn between the boy she knows and another that has come along. It also has a strong family connection as well.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment