Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Short Enough to Read Babe? Newlywed Life.

I asked Dustin last night if he ever read my blog. His response, "They are just too long. I don't read that much." So... my bad. I'll be working on the length. If you have ever had even somewhat of a conversation with me, you know that I'm a talker. I don't mean to be. So I apologize and will be working on making these shorter.

Newlywed life has been amazing. It is so much fun to just live with my best friend and enjoy him every moment that I can. I keep trying to remember every little bit that is making me happy. I know that there will be times when it gets tough, and I just want to remember back on this time and all the other memories we are making. I have finally gotten our apartment finished! Minus curtains which we will hopefully have in the next few weeks. I think I have really just enjoyed getting to know how Dustin is all the time. I have already learned he isn't much of a talker when he gets home. He needs some time to unwind from the day. I think we have also already figured out that we don't have to be in the same room together at all moments of the day. I like to watch my shows and he likes to watch his. I normally watch TV in the bedroom and him on the couch. During commerical breaks we run back and forth from room to room to give a quick hug or kiss or sit with each other for a bit. That's not to say we are in separate rooms all the time. Just when I can't take another Rangers game for the 4th night in a row. I love the Rangers, but I seriously cannot watch a game every night. We are learning to help each other too. Last week, I tried to do everything all the time, but when he offered to help and I actually let him I realized that it is such a way for us to spend time together. He helps me with dinner or will sit in the kitchen and talk to me while I do. He does the dishes after. Sometimes we split meals. On Saturday morning, he did the eggs while I did the pancakes. I just love spending every moment that I can with him. I can't remember a time that I have ever been this happy. Just knowing that I'm with the love of my life and can be with him anytime I want. I can't get over it. He is mine, and I love being a happy little family with him.

Biggest thing I have to learn... is to get some sleep! Every night when we get in bed, it is like a slumber party I feel like. You know when you used to have slumber parties with your friends and you just felt the need to stay up. I feel like that. At night I just want to talk and goof off. I think we do most our laughing before we go to sleep. I love that about us. However, I'm getting tired. I have a feeling I won't have trouble going to sleep after going back to school though.

Short enough post for ya babe?

No comments:

Post a Comment