Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ode to the Erwins


We had a wonderful weekend. Dustin and I went to Houston with my parents and stayed at my grandparents house. Going to their house is probably my most favorite place on earth. It is just peaceful. Whether the whole family (aunts, uncles, and cousins) or it's just us I always feel like I can relax. We never feel like we HAVE to do something, and my grandparents love to sit around and just catch up or as they call it "fartin' around." Our real reason for heading out there was for the Erwin baby shower. Dustin's best friend Adam and his wife Christie are expecting their first baby, Bryce, at the end of September They are such great friends of ours that I figured I'd dedicate this post to them. I somehow managed to get away without taking pictures this weekend of us; so I'm using old ones.

Dustin and Adam are the definition of bro-mance. They met through Dustin's brother-in-law, Brent. To be honest, I think it was love at first sight. They are both literally obsessed with Texas Country Music, being in a band, the Rangers, and their colleges (Tech and OU).  They lived together for a year in Dallas which is when I came along. I pretty much had two boyfriends.
                                              Dustin and Adam at Texas Mardi Gras 2009
Dustin and Adam at a Cory Morrow Concert 2010

Adam and Dustin also are the two star members of the Chase Roberts Band. While they whole band has never played together, they do play guitar and write songs. This weekend they even took band pictures. I think my favorite part about the two of them is how much Adam can pull out of Dustin's personality. Dustin can sometimes be quiet and a bit shy. Especially if it comes to making himself look like a fool in public. While anything I do out of the ordinary normally causes Dustin to walk away or ask me if I forgot my helmet at home, Adam always somehow gets Dustin out of his shell and have fun.

My other favorite part about Adam.... He's always included me. It is always scary being "the girlfriend" that comes into a bro-mance. I have always felt like Adam was my friend too. I never felt like I was being 3rd wheel or that he was. He probably invited me over more then Dustin did when we first started dating. In Adam's best man speech at the wedding, I completely expected the speech to be more about their friendship and stories they had. Adam did such a great job at making the speech about us (and when I say us, I mean the 3 of us). He even gave me his half of the best friend necklace that him and Dustin jokingly have.

Copyright Erica Joyce Photography
Copyright Erica Joyce Photograhy

A few years ago Adam told us about Christie. I have to say I was skeptical at first. He had been such a single guy in Dallas that knowing he had found someone in Houston had me completely shocked. Adam and Christie are very different and I was curious to see how this was going to work. After being around them I got it. Christie lets Adam be Adam. She loves him for the goofy, outgoing person he is. She has a kind heart and even encourages the Chase Roberts Band more than I do. While we haven't gotten to spend a lot of time together, I have loved every moment we have had. I felt a little weird going this weekend because I knew we really weren't going to know anyone at the shower. When Christie walked in the door, she gave us the biggest smile. It made me feel so comfortable to be there. My favorite thing about Christie.... I think her and I have a "look" down. Whenever Dustin and Adam start off in their crazy ways we can just look at each other and know "here they go again."

                                             At a Cory Morrow Concert for Adam's Birthday
                                                  Copyright Erica Joyce Photography

Adam and Christie, I am so excited for Baby Bryce to be here. You two are going to make wonderful parents. I can't wait to hold him. Thank you for being such good friends to us.

Another quick little picture from this weekend. My grandmother's window broke. It was stuck down and wouldn't go back up. My Pop decided to fix it and my dad decorated it. I found it hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment