Sunday, July 31, 2011


For our honeymoon we went to the Rivera Maya in the Cancun area. The restort we went to was one of those all inclusive places, and it was amazing. Dustin and I had never been to one of these kinds of places before, so we have nothing to compare it too. I think it would be hard to get better than this though.

We started the trip out incredibly exhausted. When we had gotten back to the room after the reception we realized my bag that was supposed to be put in the room wasn't. While this normally wouldn't have been a huge deal, it had my purse which also had my passport. Kind of important when going to another country. We started calling everyone we could, but with all the last minute partying no one was answering their phones. We finally found the bag but then I realized I had to run all this stuff to my parents' room because I wasn't going to see them the next morning. Needless to say, we went to bed about 3am. I woke up at about 4:15 and Dustin around 5:15. We were exhausted! I see now why people wait a day after their wedding. It was almost a waste of a day, but I think we were both glad to finally be relaxing.

                                        Waiting at the airport. Our flight was delayed by like an hour.

The trip was so much fun. Our schedule was basically sleeping until about 10-11. Going to get a late breakfast at one of the restaurants or getting room service, heading down to the beach or one of the pools until about 4, getting room service to bring us a lunch to share, taking a 2 hour nap, head to dinner, and then go to a show or hang out in the main square area, when it go too hot we headed to the sports bar to play games. It was so nice just to relax and hangout with Dustin. Things had been so crazy the past couple weeks that it was nice just to be "us" again.

The view from our room.
 Our bed set up with cute swans when we first showed up.
 First night of our honeymoon. Ended the night with a beach walk at sunset.

A funny story. One night Dustin and I decided to fill up the jacuzzi in our room. We couldn't find any bubble bath so I filled it with a whole bottle of travel size body wash and about half of my Dove bottle. The water wasn't coming out fast enough so I stupidely turned on the jets thinking that would help. That was a huge mistake! All of a sudden bubbles start going everywhere. I'm talking like flying out 5 feet in every direction. It was a huge mess. The tub had about 5 inches of water and 10 of bubbles. It was hilarious. Dustin and I could not stop laughing. There were bubbles everywhere.
Every night there were shows. We tried the broadway one, and ended up walking out. We basically stared at an empty stage with smoke going everywhere so the dancers could change. We loved the Michael Jackson show and thought the Mayan was absolutely incredible! The dinners were super good. We couldn't get over how great the food was. The Japanese was our favorite, and Dustin even got to try sushi for the first time.
Broadway show
 Michael Jackson show
 Mayan Show
The sport bar quickly became our nightly hangout. It had AC blowing really hard. It seemed like our room could never get cold enough and it was just so humid. We really lucked out on the weather. It was about 85-87 degrees the entire time, but it was super humid. We went to the sports bar to hope to catch the score of the Rangers games as it scrolled on sports center. They had a lot of board games to play, and the best part... midnight snack! Quesadillas, guacamole, chips, club sandwiches, the whole works! It was delicious!

The honeymoon was so much fun. I just loved spending a trip like that with Dustin. It was so nice to relax and just enjoy each other. We can't wait to go back!

On the shuttle to the airport.

Our plane was delayed about 2 hours so we passed the time with these babies at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment