Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Weekend of Firsts!

      I had a super relaxing weekend and it was much needed. I've been going and going so much lately that it seems like I can't catch a break. Friday night Jasmijn and I went and saw Water for Elephants. Ok so I have to explain once again how much of a total freak I am! I had started reading the book Water for Elephants the weekend before. Jasmijn and I had talked about going to see it, but I was so exhausted from TAKS testing that I completely forgot to really keep up with reading. Then Friday came, and I was on page 114 out of 330. Total freak out. Now I know most people probably would have said forget it and just went to see the movie. I can't. It literally pains me if I haven't finished the book yet. I know, pains me? I'm a freak I told you. A book freak especially. One of the greatest things for me is to read a book and then go and totally hate the movie.Why do I do this to myself? For the hope that maybe, just maybe, this one time they actually stayed closed to the book. Sometimes I am pleased. I know that it won't be the exact same. They have to hype up the story a bit for Hollywood and put some things on screen that are harder to get through with the books and vise versa. Most of the time I'm furious throughout the whole movie. Other times I'm amazed. A Time Travelers Wife... absolutely loved! It was of course a little different, but I thought pretty close. I loved Last Song (minus all the acting done by Miley Cyrus) this could be because Nicholas Sparks actually wrote the movie as well though. Other books I loved the movies for... A Walk to Remember, The Twilight movies, Harry Potter, Most Jodi Picoult movies, Little Women, and I'm sure there are a few more that I can't remember. Ones that I absolutely hate more than anything... Dear John, P.S I Love You (probably hate this one the most.... completely ruined the story in the movie) , My Sister's Keeper (were they serious with that ending?) The Lightening Thief, The Tale of Despereaux. I am sure I can think of a few others once I really get going.
       Anyways, back to the point of this.  I was bound and determined to get the book finished. I read and read every chance I could at school and even came home to lock myself in my room and finish. A few years ago Annie and I went to see the 6th Harry Potter movie. About a week before I hadn't read any of the books and got started right away. I couldn't finish, and was even still reading during the previews. Still didn't finish though. I wish you could have seen my shock when Dumbledore died at the end and I had no idea it was going to happen! So I have vowed to never do that again. I loved the book Water for Elephants. I thought it was intriguing. It was the same love story we have seen a thousand times, but was so much more interesting when you add the element of the circus in it. I thought it was enchanting and addicting. The movie was too. It was a little slow moving, and of course had parts that were changed, but I LOVED it!
        So why the "Firsts" title for this post? Saturday I actually got up and ran 6 miles! It totally motivated me for this whole half marathon thing. I felt so amazing and relieved during the run and after. I felt like I could do it. It was such a great feeling running. I also had my first bridal shower. My Aunt Rose and cousins Jocelyn and Celine threw it. It was a close group of friends, and I think went great. We had so much fun, playing games and the food was amazing. We got some really good stuff and I was so excited to finally get to see my dishes! Also, Dustin and I finally got an apartment! I am so excited. I had to give my first sacrifice though. Well, I say sacrifice, Dustin says compromise. The first apartment we looked at had a really small living area and kitchen. The bedrooms and bathrooms were big, and the closets.... the closet space was magical. It was everything I could have dreamed about. Two walk in closets and one closet that took up a whole wall. I was truly in love. The second apartment had a huge kitchen, living area, and a separate dining room area. Oh and a huge patio. The bedrooms, bathrooms, and closets were smaller. (significantly in the closet area) Dustin and I talked and I realized most of our time we are on the couch watching TV. So sadly, I gave up my beautiful closet space. I think I'm happier that I did though. The closet I get is still decent sized, and the apartment is on the corner and has a pretty good view with lots of windows. I cannot wait to actually live with Dustin and be with him all the time. I have not been able to sleep because I keep thinking of ways to decorate! Dustin moves both of our stuff in June 3rd (I'll be out of town.), but I won't move in until the wedding.

Wow... long post or what?  I don't have the pictures from the shower, but here is a cute one of my niece Morgan at the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment