Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Toot My Own Horn!

      So I'm sort of tooting my own horn here! First off... when you are saying toot your own horn do you spell it "toot"? That makes me giggle. (See same immaturity as my students. That's why we get along. I still giggle any time anyone at school discusses what "duty" we are on.) Anyways... before I get to "tooting" I'd have to preface my "toot." (I'm really cracking myself up here.) But I have to preface it with, I know my views on this are a little bit different. Tons of people live together before marriage, and I have absolutely nothing against people that do. Most people I know that are married that are around my age lived together before. It is just something I haven't wanted to do. When Dustin and I first started dating, he at one time brought up living together just through casual conversation. Never really for me and him to live together, but just sort of what my views were. From the start I told him I didn't believe it. To me, what was the point in getting married if you were already living like a married couple. I always said if one of us moved to a different city and the other followed I could see living together then, but not when my parents live in the same city and I have the option to live with them. Throughout the past three years, Dustin and I have almost lived like a long distance couple. When he was living in Dallas, I would drive out from my parents in Coppell on Fridays, come back Saturday, and occasionally drive back out on Saturday night. When he was in Fort Worth and I was living with Jamie in Lewisville, I would spend the weekends at his apartment and occasionally I would see him on his way home from work during the week. Since moving in with my parents in August, we are strictly on a weekend basis. With coaching, teaching, wedding planning, and everything else, it seems like it is hard to fit in even seeing each other for the whole weekend. Weekdays I'm so exhausted by the time I get home, work out, and prepare for the next day I crash. I can't wait to FINALLY live with Dustin and go through all the "newly wed" stuff. I know it will be super hard. I know going from the weekend to 24/7 will be a huge change, but I'm ready for it. I'm ready to come home to him, and to even argue about our different living styles coming together. It is funny how lately we drop hints on how we like things done. A few weeks ago Dustin dropped a hint on clutter and picking it all up when it starts to get on his nerves, I dropped one on how I like to get laundry done all in one day instead of having a never ending process. Yes, I know I won't be able to keep up that one once we have kids.

       Lately though, it has been so hard. I am, of course, not living with him still before the wedding. Dustin is moving into our apartment next Friday. All of my stuff is going in then, but I'm not technically moving in until after we get back from the honeymoon. It is so hard though. To know all my stuff with be there, that he will be there in our home, and I'll still be at my parents. Not that living at my parents is bad, but I live a different lifestyle than my brothers, I'm busting at the seems in my old childhood room with all my stuff, and most of all I'm 25 it is just time! I'm at the point with the wedding planning that I'm just ready for the wedding to be here. I'm so ready to finally live with Dustin, call him my husband, and start our lives together. Only 52 more days until we get to live together!

     So back to the tooting (hehe) I'm just proud that after 3 years of dating and being engaged for 9 months that we haven't lived together. I'm excited that we waited to start that part of our lives after we were married!

      My that was quite the rant wasn't it? I don't even know if it makes sense. I think I might even avoid editing because it will just hurt my head. My apologies if it made no sense!

TOOT! (sorry had to do it one more time!)

6 days of school left!

1 comment:

  1. I crack up at the word "toot", also.
    So thanks for this, haha.

    ReplyDelete