Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Past 10

I'm sitting here bored out of my mind because I called in sick to school. I have appreciated the time at home though because I'm feeling completely  better now. I felt awful Monday and Tuesday and couldn't decide what to do last night. I figured if I went to school I would be miserably sick again and if I didn't go to school I'd feel fine which is about what happened. I woke up this morning feeling like I could have gone to school and was frustrated I ruined my plans for not. I've slept all day though, and just woke up and I'm feeling like a million bucks so I guess it was worth the day off.

Anyway, the whole point of this post... today, well the past few days, I've been thinking about all I've done in 10 years. 9/11 obviously sparked a lot of memories of everything that has happened in the last decade. This morning on TV they were was some channel playing all the number 1 hits from the 2000s. This definitely brought up a lot as I started thinking of everything I've accomplished/been through since the year 2000. I started to wonder if I had lived my life to the fullest. Did I waste it or did I live every day to make it count? This is basically a list I came up with since 2000...

  • graduated middle school (wahoo!)
  • started high school
  • joined my Life Teen at church and learned a lot of valuable lessons. This is also what helped guide me through much of 4 years of high school and were numerous friendships began.
  • learned to drive
  • had my first serious relationship
  • had my big heart break that really devastated me for a long time.
  • learned the in's and out's of depression.
  • ran cross country and varsity track
  • had my first job
  • got in trouble with the law for the first time (and only)
  • learned the importance of friendship and keeping them
  • learned to stay true to who I was
  • graduated high school
  • went to Tech
  • joined a sorority
  • learned that to be truly happy I would have to shed some walls and allow myself to risk getting hurt
  • made new friends
  • graduated college
  • learned every friendship doesn't have to last
  • learned an important lesson about love
  • learned you can't live with certain friends
  • started my big girl job
  • got a big girl apartment
  • learned that credit card debt is the devil
  • found the love of my life
  • took a chance and did the National Writing Project and it developed me into the teacher I wanted to be
  • learned to coach which turned out to be one of the highlights of teaching
  • got married to my very best friend
and I'm sure there are many others that I didn't think of. I feel like I have lived my life, and I'm proud of where I am. Everything I ever wanted is happening to me now and I'm so grateful for it. I truly am the happiest that I have ever been right now. Who knows what 10 years from now I will have, but I know I have a list of things I want to happen. Own a house, start a family, write a book on teaching and have it published, are just a few.

Have a good rest of the week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment